Costa Rican Sunset

Friday, October 31, 2008

Oh Man!

It seems that I am no good at finding a job! I wonder how hard others actually work to find a new job, and I wonder if I am working as hard as them? I think I am not trying hard enough, but I think there is a perfectly good explanation for that!

First, I am not so confident with my skill set, and after having a past employer tell me that my lack of skills was the reason I wouldn't be getting a raise, I was convinced. I have had a bunch of different horribly paying jobs that have not related to one another. I have never made more than $35,000 a year, my last position was completely glorified and bogus and now I am in a rut and have no idea what to apply to.

I have had 2 interviews since June, both of which I was convinced I would receive a second interview. No such luck! I was brought in to take a test for a part time library position I failed because the test was WACK! After asking one of the 45 people taking the test (that is how desperate people are to get even a P/T job) we agreed that the questions made no sense and there wasn't a study guide!

Monster, CTjobs, headhunters, they are all a total waste of my time and I have had 0 response from any of them! I am a full time mom. Being a stay at home mom takes 100% of my time and all hours of my day, regardless of my mother thinking taking Karis for an hour a couple days a week should help. The truth is, nothing gets done! The house is a mess, I never seem to get in the shower before 9 p.m. and I am shot by 7 p.m..

Truth be told, the whole thing is driving me crazy and I am not sure what I should do now. Wellbutren here I come.

No comments: